Monday, July 06, 2009

Examples of WS-Security using CXF and WSS4J

If you are searching for some simple examples to understand and write WS-Security stuff (UsernameToken, Timestamp, Signature or Encryption) actions. I filed a jira task on JIRA, made some examples and Dan committed them in the svn. You can get them in CXF 2.2.3 distribution.
You can check the following (all included Timestamp action):

To get more detailed description about how it all works you can read this Configuring CXF for WS-Security... . I hope your initial queries, doubts while creating and understanding startup examples of WS-Security using CXF and WSS4J will be answered there :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to build the project using ANT, I've obtained the following error: "Cannot find ../../common_build.xml imported"

Could you attach this file?

Regards,

Mayank Mishra said...

common_build.xml is in the "CXF-Distribution\samples" folder only. Do let me know if you don't find there, I will attach it.

With Regards,
Mayank

Sriram said...

Hi,
I successfully executed WSS4J in OC4J server, but when i try to migrate that to Weblogic server i got "java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin cannot create instance". I didn't change any configuration here, could you suggest me what may went wrong here? Appreciate your help.